Company: METRO AG
Working area: Legal Affairs
Contract type: full-time
Reference number: M/18-00021
METRO is a leading international specialist in wholesale and food retail. We work for 20 million customers with 20 million different sets of challenges, ambitions and dreams. Our sales brands METRO/MAKRO Cash & Carry and Real, our delivery services, and our digitization initiatives set the standards for tomorrow: for customer focus, technological innovation and sustainable business models. We keep an open mind and do all we can to help our customers achieve their goals. From Michelin star restaurants to ambitious independent visionaries and everyone in between – we’re here to help the small business with big ideas and global businesses with local priorities to succeed. All 120.000 of us.
Lawyer (m/f) Data Protection & IT-Law
- You will work in a specialized team of lawyers which acts as the key contact partner for all issues related to IT-, E-Commerce- and Data Protection Law. Within this team you advise the companies belonging to the METRO Group, in particular METRO Cash & Carry Deutschland GmbH.
- The focus of your work will be support with the introduction of the Data Protection Basic Ordinance and direct participation in the protection of the clients’ and associates’ privacy as an important component of our corporate culture.
- The assumption of the function of a data protection representative is part of your range of responsibilities.
- You are a lawyer admitted to the bar, have completed your studies with above-average grades and have acquired an additional qualification in IT and/or Data Protection Law.
- You have at least three years of professional experience in IT and Data Protection Law in a law office or company, ideally also as a Data Protection Representative.
- You can contribute technical understanding and a strong affinity to future-oriented topics such as Big Data and Cloud Computing.
- You have an in-depth grasp of legal, technical and organizational data protection.
- You impart your expert knowledge within the framework of seminars to our associates.
- In personal contact you make an impression with your confident attitude, strong degree of dedication and strong communication and assertion skills.
- You contribute a high degree of proactiveness and a solution-oriented attitude and also enjoy working in a team.
- You have very good knowledge of English, which you ideally enhanced through a stay in an English-speaking country.
Are you interested in working in a professional team? Then we would be pleased to receive your online application in English.
The METRO AG is an equal opportunity employer. We offer all qualified employees and applicants identical chances.